ANDERSON, S.C. (WCBD) – There is now a petition that wants to replace a Confederate monument in Anderson, SC with a statue of actor Chadwick Boseman.
Boseman was an Anderson native who went on to star in several movies including “42” and “Black Panther”.
He died on August 28 at age 43 after a four year fight with colon cancer.
The Confederate monument is currently displayed outside of a courthouse in Anderson.
The petition says the Confederate Monument “belongs in a museum and has no right to be displayed there.”
It goes on to say that Boseman “opened many doors for many young black people with his leading roles”.
Some residents believe that it’s only natural that his hometown honors what he did.
Click here to view the petition.
- Hog wild: U.S. has ‘out of control’ population of ‘super-pigs,’ expert says
- Carpenters wow public with medieval techniques at Notre Dame
- A sunny, cool, and breezy Sunday on deck
- Savannah woman celebrates 105th birthday
- COVID-19 surge testing team arrives in SC capital