CHARLESTON, SC (WCBD) – There was a reported assault of a transgender woman in Charleston on Thursday, October 19.
According to a Facebook post, the victim says the incident happened at around 2:00 AM.
The Alliance for Full Acceptance (AFFA) did release a statement saying the “AFFA takes all reports of violence very seriously— paying particularly close attention to any acts of violence perpetrated against the most vulnerable members of our LGBTQ community.”
“Members of our transgender community are often the targets of violence and the Alliance For Full Acceptance stands ready to support this community member in receiving any services that are needed and in reporting the crime and in order to seek full justice.”Chase Glenn, Executive Director, AFFA
The Charleston Police Department is currently investigating the incident.
Count on us for more updates as they’re made available.
- A warm & wet start to the week, followed by a cool down
- Living Local Carolina: Autism And Intellectual Disabilities Non-Profit, SOS Care, Builds Neighborhood Made Solely For Autistic Adults
- Living Local Carolina: Johnny D’s Waffles And Benedicts Is Opening A Third Location
- Biker bars prepare for fall rally after state officials address summer rally concerns
- Pee Dee restaurant owner food sales increase during pandemic