RED SPRINGS, NC (WBTW) – Red Springs police are investigating a deadly motorcycle crash.
One person has died after the crash, which happened late Friday morning in the area of East 3rd Avenue and College Street, according to Major Kimothy Monroe, of the Red Springs Police Department.
The operator of a 2003 Harley Davidson motorcycle was traveling west on East 4th Street near College Street when he lost control of his motorcycle, veered into oncoming traffic, and hit the rear of a 2001 Dodge truck, Monroe said. The operator then struck the front of an oncoming 2015 Chevrolet truck and then struck a light pole.
Monroe identified the person who died as Charlie Ray Jones, 59, of Red Springs.
Monroe said Jones was wearing a helmet “not approved by the Department of Transportation” and speed at the time of the crash isn’t able to be determined at this time.
This is a developing story. Count on News13 for updates.
- Living Local Carolina: New Dessert Shop Chocobella Offers Fine Belgian Chocolates And Gelato In Downtown Florence
- Second dose of COVID-19 vaccine can cause stronger symptoms, but is crucial to build antibodies
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Living Local Carolina: Learn What A Time-Lapse Is And How To Make One With Your Phone
- Living Local Carolina: Making 2021 Vision Boards With Carolina Trust Federal Credit Union And How To Get Back On Track Financially