COLUMBIA, SC (WBTW) – The South Carolina Department of Transportation has extended the comment period for the proposed 2020 Pavement Improvement Plan until July 27, a release from SCDOT says.
The proposed plan includes “the rehabilitation and reconstruction of the following road systems “in accordance with the 10-year plan for rebuilding South Carolina’s roads”:
- primary system: about 245 miles
- federal-aid eligible secondary system: about 148 miles
- non-federal-aid eligible secondary system: about 186 miles
In total, the program includes about 561 miles of pavement improvements throughout the state, the release said.
A hard copy of the release and additional information will also be available at the following locations:
- Pee Dee Regional Council of Governments for Chesterfield, Darlington, Dillon, Florence, Marion and Marlboro Counties: 2319 Regional Road, Florence, SC 29501 or 843-669-4392.
- Waccamaw Regional Planning and Development Council of Governments for Horry, Georgetown and Williamsburg Counties: 1230 Highmarket Street, Georgetown, SC 29440 or 843-546-8502.
Comments will be accepted until close of business on July 27 and should be forwarded to: Ms. Viola Covington, Public Involvement Manager, SCDCOT Office of Planning, 955 Park Street, P.O. Box 191, Columbia, S.C. 29202 or firstname.lastname@example.org.