COLUMBIA, S.C. (WCBD) – The South Carolina Department of Transportation announced that South Carolina has the deadliest rural roads in the country.
They are now working on a plan to fix the worst of these roads.
SCDOT is investing $124 million over 10 years to make 1,000 miles of the deadly rural roads safer.
According to the department, the ten mile stretch of US 29 between I-85 and Snow Road, that runs from Greenville to Anderson, is one of the deadliest with an average of 10 deaths or serious injuries annually in recent years.
- Mild today with morning clouds and afternoon clearing
- After worst travel year on record, national hotel group warns of slow recovery due to COVID-19
- Pee Dee pharmacies waiting on vaccine doses
- Woman accused of killing husband in Florence released from jail on bond
- Chase for the Championship | Virginia sends strong message to ACC