GRANITEVILLE, S.C. (AP) – Deputies in South Carolina say they found a man in a teen girl’s closet while responding to a call about the smell of marijuana coming from her room.
News outlets report 20-year-old Matthew Smith was charged Friday with contributing to the delinquency of a minor, possession of narcotics, and criminal sexual conduct with a minor.
An Aiken County Sheriff’s report says the teen’s stepfather called deputies to report the marijuana smell. It says deputies searched the 15-year-old’s closet and found Smith, a marijuana-filled apple and a travel-size bottle filled with a clear substance.
The report says the teen told deputies the liquid was GHB that she and Smith used before having sex and that the pair smoked meth and marijuana before authorities arrived.
It’s unclear whether Smith has an attorney. The girl was not arrested.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Rain, gusty winds and chilly temperatures expected through the weekend
- New program helps patients get on the transplant list at MUSC Florence
- Earn $1,000 by watching 24 Hallmark Christmas movies in 12 days
- FMU holds Doug’s Day Festival celebrating school’s 50th anniversary
- First luxury airline: Exclusive flight tour in Myrtle Beach on historic aircraft