SUMMERVILLE, SC (WCBD) — A Charleston County deputy is on administrative leave with pay and a suspect in the hospital after a deputy-involved shooting.
According to the Charleston County Sheriff’s Office, a domestic violence suspect led police on a chase from North Charleston to Summerville.
The suspect got out of his vehicle in the woods near Salters Lane. At some point while running, the suspect shot at the deputy.
The deputy returned fire, shooting the suspect who surrendered and was taken into custody.
The sheriff’s office says the suspect was taken to the hospital. There is no word on his condition.
The deputy was not hurt.
The State Law Enforcement Division is investigating, which is policy for deputy-involved shootings.
- DHEC data: Most districts don’t meet standards to hold in-person classes
- Living Local Carolina: Myrtle Beach Safari Special with Netflix Tiger King’s Dr. Bhagavan “Doc” Antle
- No hitting the breaks for bikers kicking off 81st ‘Spring’ Bike Rally
- White House hosts event to share positive police stories as Congress works on reform
- Special Olympics Fall Games canceled, local athlete starts virtual workout program