SPRINGFIELD, S.C. (WSAV) – A nine-year-old boy died after his father accidentally shot him while hunting.
Colton Williams was out rabbit hunting with his father and a family friend on Thanksgiving when his dad accidentally shot him, according to family members. The group was hunting in Orangeburg County.
Colton was a fourth grade student at Kelly Edwards Elementary School in Williston. The Williston School District says counselors will be at the school on Monday and will be available throughout the week, or longer, if needed.
- Cooler weather arrives tomorrow
- Coronavirus in NC: State reports record-high number of daily positive cases
- Netflix raises subscription prices
- SLED chief not happy FBI failed to contact him over plot against Governor Henry McMaster
- As COVID-19 surges in Iowa, Congress still can’t pass relief