COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) – A Lower Richland man has been sentenced to life in prison after being found guilty of killing his girlfriend.
The State reports that a judge on Friday handed down the sentence to Kenneth Gleaton.
A jury had found Gleaton guilty of killing 39-year-old Amanda Peele.
Firefighters and police in 2017 found Peele’s body in the smoldering debris of her home.
A coroner ruled she had died before the fire and had been bludgeoned, strangled and shot twice in the torso.
- John Gallman sues Senator Luke Rankin, others over campaign ads claiming he abused ex-wife
- Lady Gaga’s French bulldogs found safe; dog walker expected to recover
- Earlier start to hurricane season? NOAA debates starting future Atlantic seasons in May
- Myrtle Beach police call Officer Hancher’s death an ambush as new video is released to public
- One killed after being struck by car in Florence County