CMPD says excessive speed an impairment are suspected in a car wreck theft left a teenage female dead early Sunday morning.
Officials responded to calls regarding a single-vehicle accident around 4 a.m. Sunday morning near 1200 E. John Belk Freeway.
Officers found an overturned car and the driver of the vehicle, Jasmine Sanchez, 19, was pronounced dead on scene. A passenger was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuires.
An initial investigation showed that Sanchez is suspected of speeding and lost control of her vehicle. Alcohol is also suspected, the police report indicated.
DWI Task Force, CSI, and Medic were among those who responded to the scene.
This remains an active investigation.
- Senate committee to vote on Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court nomination
- Horry County Police seek help in locating woman last heard from Monday morning
- Obama denounces Trump on campaign trail: ‘This is not a reality show’
- Dallas man and his late wife’s stolen identity used to commit voter fraud
- Former Blue Bell president charged with trying to cover up 2015 Listeria contamination of ice cream