RALEIGH, NC (WNCN/WBTW) – Winds from strong storms Thursday damaged a large road sign over I-440 in Raleigh – sending panels into traffic.
Dash camera video captured by Christopher Buchanan around 2:30 p.m. shows traffic approaching Glenwood Avenue on Interstate-440 west.
As cars in the right two lanes slow to a near stop amid heavy rains – the road sign overhead blows apart.
Sheets of rain are falling when panels from that sign are blown into traffic with one striking a blue vehicle’s front end.
Raleigh was being hit with a strong line of storms when the sign was damaged.
Parts of the Triangle region of NC were hit with penny-sized hail as rains flooded creeks.
- Coronavirus peak coming as US grapples with increasing cases
- UPDATE: Myrtle Beach Harley Davidson drops out of bike rally, others still undecided
- Target to limit number of customers in stores starting Saturday as outbreak continues
- Carolina Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey launches fund for healthcare workers in SC and NC
- NC reports 2,093 coronavirus cases, 19 deaths