GREER, S.C. (WSPA) – A standoff in Greer has ended after several hours of attempted negotiation Saturday with a suspect between Greenville County Deputies and SWAT officials.
A call was received at about 8:30 p.m. that a woman had been shot, deputies say.
According to Greenville County Sheriff’s Office, the woman was shot with what is believed to be a pellet gun at a residence on Suber Rd. in Greer.
The Greenville County Sheriff’s Office said the victim is okay and safe.
They say after several hours of attempted negotiation, the suspect took his own life with a self- inflicted gunshot wound.
An autopsy will be performed by the Greenville County Coroner’s Office.
- Clouds and showers return for the weekend
- 1st suspect to plead guilty in Capitol riot is heavy metal guitarist
- DHEC: 847 new COVID-19 cases reported statewide, 52 in Horry County
- Man gets 45 years for shooting to death a 26-year-old Mullins man
- Gov. McMaster calls on South Carolinians to help in massive tree-planting project for Earth Day