LUMBERTON, NC (WBTW) – A teenager has been charged after a man was shot while riding a scooter in Lumberton.
Lumberton police say a 20-year-old man was riding a scooter around 6:53 p.m. on Sunday in the area of 800 East 1st Street when he reportedly heard gunshots over his shoulder. The man then reportedly looked back and saw someone fire a handgun towards him, and he was struck in his shoulder.
The man rode the scooter to a home on South Sycamore Street and called 911, according to Lumberton police. Officers arrived and found the man with a gunshot wound to the shoulder. He was taken to Southeastern Regional Medical Center with injuries not believed to be life-threatening, and was treated and released.
Police say a possible suspect was located. The 15-year-old has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon “on a petition.” Police say they aren’t allowed to release the suspect’s information because of his age.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Lumberton Police Department at 910-671-3845.
- Grand Strand fire departments train for hazmat calls
- Socastee allergist says there’s ‘a lot of uncertainty’ with proposed peanut allergy vaccine
- Road reopened after crash shut down all lanes of Robert Grissom Parkway at 501
- House Dems: Gun violence costs $200B annually
- Former Myrtle Beach Police officer’s certification revoked after lying about sexual relation with woman