HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A utility worker found a fetus Friday morning at a Hillsborough pumping station, a Town of Hillsborough official confirmed to CBS 17.
The fetus was transported to the North Carolina Medical Examiner’s Office, a news release said.
Orange County authorities are currently looking for the mother.
“We are very concerned about the mother,” said Lt. Davis Trimmer of the Hillsborough Police Department.
The station is located on Orange Grove Road. The station, which helps sewage flow past an elevated area, was last cleaned Wednesday, the release said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Trimmer at 919-296-9525.
Further details were not immediately available.
- Trinity Collegiate crowned SCISA Class 3A Boys State Champions
- Coastal uses long ball to top No. 23 West Virginia
- Doctor appears in court video call while performing surgery
- Woman jokes about unfortunate pre-pandemic tattoo that left her ‘mortified’
- Second woman accuses Governor Cuomo of sexual harassment