UPDATE: According to Florence County Sheriff Billy Barnes, Xavier Green is now in custody.
According to deputies, Green was arrested in Florence County off a southbound lane of I-95 close to mile marker 163.
Barnes said Green was spotted walking along the side of the highway after his car tired had gone flat. Troopers stopped him when they saw him walking.
When Green saw authorities, he jumped a fence and attempted to run into the woods, where he was apprehended, deputies say.
He was arrested for two outstanding 1st degree murder warrants, and will be held in South Carolina while extradition is done to bring him back to Lumberton NC to stand trial on these charges.
The Florence County Sheriff’s Office, South Carolina Highway Patrol and South Carolina Law Enforcement Division were involved in this case.
LUMBERTON, N.C. (WBTW) — Warrants have been issued for the arrest of a man wanted in connection with a shooting in Lumberton that left two women dead.
According to police, Xavier Joseph Kenneth Green, 25, of Florence, is wanted for two counts of first degree murder after being accused of killing Kayla Kyle and Kimberly Hunt Friday in the parking lot of Family Dollar in Lumberton.
Green is 6’1″, 185 lbs with brown eyes. His South Carolina’s drivers license number is 10544915, according to police.
Anyone who knows where Green is is asked to call 911 immediately. Green is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information on the shooting should call 910-671-3845.
- Tidelands Health capacity reaches 104%, other area hospitals lower
- ‘The technology’s changed:’ Upgraded device helps CCU group in beach erosion research, storm preparation
- Darlington Co. schools names interim director for virtual academy; 37% of students enroll
- Better storm chance late in the week
- Tropical Depression 11 forms in Atlantic, expected to become Tropical Storm Josephine