SANFORD, N.C. (AP) – Authorities say two suspects are in custody after a North Carolina woman was fatally wounded by a stray bullet while riding in a car.
Sanford police say 22-year-old Diamond Preosha Richardson was struck by a bullet about 7:45 p.m. Saturday.
The driver of the car took her to Central Carolina Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Police officers chased several males seen running from the area where the shots were fired, capturing 20-year-old Rayshawn Ahmik Donaldson and a 17-year-old juvenile.
Both are charged with first-degree murder and were being held without bond. Donaldson is scheduled for a court appearance Monday.
- 49ers’ Super Bowl run has similarities to 1981 title team
- Super Bowl back in Miami for 11th time after 10-year hiatus
- US fines Delta $50,000 for booting off 3 Muslim passengers
- NC woman wins $5 million in two lottery games
- UNC beats Miami 94-71 to end 5-game skid; Williams surpasses Smith in all-time wins