PINEHURST, N.C. (AP) - Family members of a pregnant Colorado woman and her two young daughters gathered at their funeral service in Pinehurst, North Carolina, more than two weeks after their bodies were discovered at an oil worksite.
Christopher Watts has been charged with killing his family inside their suburban Denver home.
He has not entered a plea to murder and other felony charges and is being held without bail.
A friend reported 34-year-old Shanann Watts, four-year-old Bella and three-year-old Celeste missing on Aug. 13. The mother is from North Carolina.
Christopher Watts spoke about missing his family in interviews with television stations before his arrest.
Authorities say Watts told investigators he killed his pregnant wife after discovering that she had strangled their daughters.
Prosecutors charged him with killing all three family members.
- Man arrested, charged with murder after shooting outside Darlington Co. convenience store
- US closes busiest Mexico border crossing for several hours
- Migration at top of agenda of Spanish PM's 1st Morocco visit
- "Evil monster": Colorado man sentenced to life without parole for killing wife and 2 daughters
- National Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.