FAIRMONT, NC (WBTW) - A motorcyclist was killed in a crash near Fairmont Sunday night, according to North Carolina Highway Patrol.
Sgt. JL Morton says the crash happened at 8:42 p.m. Sunday evening on NC 130, less than two miles from Fairmont.
A motorcyclist was attempting to take a curve while speeding and crossed the center line, hitting an oncoming car, Sgt. Morton confirms. The motorcyclist, later identified as 24-year-old Trevon Stackhouse, of Fairmont, was thrown from the bike and died at the scene. Stackhouse was wearing a helmet.
Three people inside the car involved in the crash were taken to the hospital with minor injuries, says Sgt. Morton.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- General Electric shuffles management at power unit
- UNESCO launches Holocaust education website
- Subway workers to stage strike in Romanian capital
- Putin and Erdogan mark key phase in natural gas pipeline