PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. — A Palm Harbor woman had to learn the hard way that there are, in fact, laws when you’re drinking Claws.
Denae Morrison, 32, was pulled over on U.S. 19 on Wednesday after other drivers reported seeing her drinking the popular hard seltzer White Claw while she was driving, authorities said.
Witnesses said Morrison had been driving slowly and was swerving out of her lane.
The arresting officer detected a strong odor of alcohol on her breath and noted that her appearance was unkempt.
“Her hair was in a nest, her skirt was sideways and her shoes were off,” the deputy wrote in the report.
Morrison reportedly refused to take a breathalyzer test, saying “If I do the breath test it is an automatic DUI.”
She admitted to having a drink at noon that day, and two White Claws as she drove home, but argued “they are only 5 percent [alcohol],” deputies said in the report.
Morrison was arrested for DUI and booked into the Pinellas County Jail. She was released the next morning.
- 4 injured in crash near Socastee; drivers asked to avoid area
- Large police presence for ‘disturbance’ at Myrtle Beach hotel
- In the Pee Dee, high school football ‘is huge not only for the community, but our kids’
- 84-year-old man taking photos of boys outside Missouri grade school charged with child porn
- Deputies investigate deadly shooting at mobile home park near Lumberton