FLORENCE, S.C. (WBTW) — The United Way of Florence hosted a Day of Caring Friday.
Dozens of local companies and organizations participated in the effort to show their community they care.
“A lot of people are just looking for ways to give back to the organization in the community at work and this was a good thing to bring a group of us together all in one place at one time to work on a common goal to fix up some repairs and needed touch-ups around some of these organizations,” Jeremy Straus of Otis Elevator said.
Painting, yard work, and repairs were among the work to be done.
- Senate committee to vote on Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court nomination
- Horry County Police seek help in locating woman last heard from Monday morning
- Obama denounces Trump on campaign trail: ‘This is not a reality show’
- Dallas man and his late wife’s stolen identity used to commit voter fraud
- Former Blue Bell president charged with trying to cover up 2015 Listeria contamination of ice cream