PARMA, Ohio (WJW) – Police officers in Parma, Ohio, rescued two fawns from an in-ground swimming pool on Sunday.
The Parma Police Department posted video of the efforts to its Facebook page on Tuesday.
The homeowner told officers the deer were in the pool for more than an hour as she tried to help them. The video shows police steer the deer to the edge using pool nets before one officer pulls the animals from the water.
The deer were tired and stumbled before running off.
- Cannon Hinnant to be honored with ‘Miracle Field’ at North Carolina athletic complex
- South Carolina pastor accused of child sex crimes
- Tracking the Tropics: Record-breaking 2020 hurricane season drawing to a close
- Watch Live: Viral Arkansas police officer on a mission to make a difference
- Deputies arrest off-duty Georgetown County Detention Center employee