LEXINGTON, VA (CNN Newsource) – One lucky hiker who wants to take on the Appalachian trail will get paid $20,000 to do it; the only catch, you have to also love beer.
Devils Back-Bone Brewing Company is accepting applications for what it is calling its “chief hiking officer.”
The person who lands this gig will trek the entire 2,200-mile trail from Georgia to Maine, while consuming and sharing plenty of brews along the way.
The job even comes with a $20,000 stipend, and free travel to the trail-head. Gear is also included.
However, no hotel expenses will be covered. This is for an experienced hiker who is comfortable sleeping under the stars every night.
Devils Back-Bone estimates it will take five-to-seven months to complete the assignment, which starts next year.
Even though the brewer didn’t explicitly say it, we’re going to assume travel home from the end of the trail is also included.
- Floodwaters from Hurricane Isaias carry Jeep blocks away on Oak Island
- Florence man faces 20 charges of child porn, up to 200 years in prison
- SEC announces new fall preseason practice schedule
- WATCH LIVE: NC Gov. Cooper, emergency management officials giving update on Isaias
- DHEC: 52 additional confirmed deaths in South Carolina reported today