SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. (NEXSTAR) – A Northern California woman has been arrested for felony vandalism after she allegedly licked and handled numerous items at a grocery store in South Lake Tahoe.
Police arrested 53-year-old Jennifer Walker, of South Lake Tahoe, Wednesday after a Safeway store employee called to report a woman “licking groceries,” according to a news release.
The employee told officers that Walker also put “numerous pieces of jewelry” from the store on her hands before licking it. Walker allegedly loaded her cart with store items that she “had no means to purchase,” police said.
The calculated total value of the goods, which now can’t be sold, was $1,800.
Police booked Walker at the El Dorado County jail.
- Biden will keep Fauci in administration; will call for 100 days of mask-wearing
- BYU’s equipment truck has only hours to spare to arrive in time for CCU game
- Pregnant Missouri woman stabbed to death on Thanksgiving; man she met online charged
- Rain arriving late Friday
- Pelosi, Schumer back $908 billion COVID-19 relief proposal