LONGS, SC (WBTW) – A woman has died after being hit by a vehicle in the Longs area earlier this month.
Vera Monk, 38, of the Woodbridge, Virginia area, was hit by a vehicle in the area of 490 Highway 9 around 9:50 p.m. on August 18, according to Horry County Deputy Coroner Darris Fowler. Monk was reportedly walking across Hwy. 9 when she was struck.
Monk died at Grand Strand Regional Medical Wednesday around 6:30 a.m. Wednesday “from multiple mass trauma from being struck by motor vehicle.”
- A warm end to the weekend
- Gov. McMaster issues new executive order in response to COVID-19
- Mother charged after infant found in plastic bag at NC church parking lot
- Tideland Health reports first COVID-19 patient death for healthcare system
- DHEC: 2 new COVID-19 related deaths, statewide total reaches 660