INDIANAPOLIS (AP/WBTW) – The Indianapolis 500 scheduled for May 24 has been postponed until August because of the coronavirus pandemic and won’t run on Memorial Day weekend for the first time since 1946. The race will instead be held Aug. 23. IndyCar initially said it would resume racing May 9 on the road course at Indianapolis. That race will now be run on July 4, a day before NASCAR races at The Brickyard.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- City of Conway to discuss emergency ordinance requiring masks
- Legendary broadcaster Hugh Downs has died at the age of 99
- DHEC: 1,629 new cases of COVID-19, 179 in Horry County
- Marine scientist: Video of ‘cute’ dolphin shows concerning behavior
- It’s official! Iconic Springmaid Pier to open on Friday