INDIANAPOLIS (AP/WBTW) – The Indianapolis 500 scheduled for May 24 has been postponed until August because of the coronavirus pandemic and won’t run on Memorial Day weekend for the first time since 1946. The race will instead be held Aug. 23. IndyCar initially said it would resume racing May 9 on the road course at Indianapolis. That race will now be run on July 4, a day before NASCAR races at The Brickyard.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Crews responding to apartment complex fire in Horry Co.
- Combating coronavirus: VA orders hospitals to open to civilians in virus-stricken states
- Lawmakers pressure Bureau of Prisons to stop inmate transfers
- All 787 operations at Boeing South Carolina to be temporarily suspended starting Wed.
- LIVE: President Trump, White House coronavirus task force hold Monday briefing