CONWAY, S.C. (AP) — Reese White ran for a 3-yard, go-ahead touchdown and No. 15 Coastal Carolina defeated Appalachian State for the first time in school history to maintain its perfect 8-0 season with a 34-23 victory.
The Chanticleers went to 6-0 in the Sun Belt Conference and moved a win away from clinching the league’s East Division and reaching the conference title game.
The Mountaineers tried to overtake Coastal after White’s score, but D’Jordan Strong intercepted Zac Thomas and took it back 38 yards for the clinching score.
- CCU’s Silas Kelly named to comeback player of the year watch list for 2020
- Gov. Cooper announces free COVID-19 vaccines will soon be available across NC
- Henderson named Co-SEC player of the week for the Gamecocks
- Conviction and jail sentence reinstated for former Penn State president previously found guilty of misdemeanor child endangerment
- DHEC announces 1,297 new cases; 13 deaths