CONWAY, S.C. (AP) — Reese White ran for a 3-yard, go-ahead touchdown and No. 15 Coastal Carolina defeated Appalachian State for the first time in school history to maintain its perfect 8-0 season with a 34-23 victory.
The Chanticleers went to 6-0 in the Sun Belt Conference and moved a win away from clinching the league’s East Division and reaching the conference title game.
The Mountaineers tried to overtake Coastal after White’s score, but D’Jordan Strong intercepted Zac Thomas and took it back 38 yards for the clinching score.
- Pres. Trump pardons former top strategist Steve Bannon, 72 others and 70 commutations
- Pitt duo combines for 53 points to hold off Blue Devils, 79-73
- ‘He always had us’: Horry County police officers remember Officer Melton ‘Fox’ Gore at public visitation
- (19) Missouri shoots well, takes down South Carolina, 81-70
- CPD: Suspect wanted for string of crimes injured in officer-involved shooting