CONWAY, S.C. (AP) — Reese White ran for a 3-yard, go-ahead touchdown and No. 15 Coastal Carolina defeated Appalachian State for the first time in school history to maintain its perfect 8-0 season with a 34-23 victory.
The Chanticleers went to 6-0 in the Sun Belt Conference and moved a win away from clinching the league’s East Division and reaching the conference title game.
The Mountaineers tried to overtake Coastal after White’s score, but D’Jordan Strong intercepted Zac Thomas and took it back 38 yards for the clinching score.
- $15 an hour wage becoming a norm as employers struggle to fill service-industry jobs
- McLeod Health gets state approval for new hospital on 42-acres Carolina Forest campus
- ‘Stop it!’: Tennessee pastor threatens to oust members wearing masks
- The U.S. embassy, a home away from home for Americans in Tokyo
- As CDC recommends masks for K-12 students, Horry County rep says decision should stay with parents