COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Jarrett Guarantano threw a tie-breaking touchdown in the fourth quarter to lead No. 16 Tennessee to its seventh straight win with a 31-27 victory over South Carolina.
Guarantano also rushed for a score in the Southeastern Conference and season-opener for both teams.
Guarantano finished 19 of 31 for 259 yards including a 32-yard scoring pass to Josh Palmer with 9:35 left in the game.
South Carolina appeared to have a final chance, but a Tennessee punt hit a Gamecocks’ player and the Vols recovered to hold on to the win.
- Warm weather to continue with an isolated shower
- PHOTOS: Rare white sea turtle found on Kiawah Island Sunday morning
- Kirstie Alley defends Trump vote, responds to ‘nasty people’
- Actor Jeff Bridges reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma
- Woman found alive at funeral home dies at Detroit hospital