ATLANTA (AP) — Matt Ryan threw a 93-yard touchdown for the longest scoring play of his career and became the 10th quarterback in NFL history to reach 50,000 yards, leading the Atlanta Falcons to a 40-20 rout of Carolina.
The Panthers are officially eliminated from playoff contention with their fifth straight loss.
It also ruined the debut of interim coach Perry Fewell, who took over at the beginning of the week after longtime coach Ron Rivera was fired.
Atlanta snapped a two-game losing streak and swept the season series with their NFC South rival. The Falcons won the first meeting 29-3.
- 9 in 10 car seats are installed improperly in SC, Midway Fire Rescue works to lower stat
- NC animal shelter says ‘world’s worst cat’ is up for adoption
- Man dies after being attacked by his rooster on way to cockfight
- Chase for the Championship | Louisville flexes their muscle, UNC makes school history
- Driver stuck by medical needle hidden under gas pump