ATLANTA (AP) — Matt Ryan threw a 93-yard touchdown for the longest scoring play of his career and became the 10th quarterback in NFL history to reach 50,000 yards, leading the Atlanta Falcons to a 40-20 rout of Carolina.
The Panthers are officially eliminated from playoff contention with their fifth straight loss.
It also ruined the debut of interim coach Perry Fewell, who took over at the beginning of the week after longtime coach Ron Rivera was fired.
Atlanta snapped a two-game losing streak and swept the season series with their NFC South rival. The Falcons won the first meeting 29-3.
- Georgia school shifting online after infections reported
- NASCAR and jousting exceptions to SC’s large crowd ban
- Pawleys Island PD searching for gunman after shots fired during dispute
- Hot and humid to start the week with storm chances on the rise
- Living Local Carolina: ‘Ground Zero Is A Place Where Every Teenager Can Go, Belong And Grow’