UPDATE: Redskins hold on to beat Panthers 29-21 for Carolina’s 4th straight loss
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Redskins linebacker Ryan Anderson has been ejected from Washington’s game against the Panthers after delivering a helmet-to-helmet hit on tight end Greg Olsen Sunday afternoon.
Olsen was taken to the locker room for observation late in the third quarter after making an 8-yard reception. Then he took a shot to the head from Anderson as Olsen headed up field looking for more yardage.
The Panthers announced Olsen has entered the concussion protocol and will not return.
Olsen appeared to tuck his head while approaching contact as Anderson came flying in and hit him straight on with his helmet.
Olsen remained on the field for about a minute after the hit, and the crowd booed relentlessly as replays were shown on the scoreboard.
With about 9 minutes left in the game, the Panthers trailed 22-14.
- What you need to know today about the virus outbreak
- CCU to provide credit for housing, parking, dining after coronavirus outbreak changes
- 1 detained after person sustains life-threatening injuries in overnight stabbing in Myrtle Beach, police say
- New York City coronavirus deaths top 1,000
- Wimbledon canceled for 1st time since WWII because of virus