The Charlotte Hornets have made a big splash in free agency, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
Gordon Hayward is leaving the Boston Celtics after being offered and accepting a 4-year deal worth a reported $120 million to come to the Queen City.
The Celtics star is 30-years-old and had $34 million remaining in his final year in Boston and decided to opt out earlier this week
Hayward suffered a horrific and gruesome injury in his team debut with the C’s in 2017 and missed the entire season. He suffered a dislocated ankle and fractured tibia. Hayward suffered an ankle sprain and left the NBA bubble for a month during the playoffs this past season, only to return during the Eastern Conference Finals.
Hayward led Butler to an appearance in the 2010 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament championship game.
The Pacers and Knicks were some of the other contenders for Haywards’ services. The NBA season begins on December 22.
- Sidney Moorer asks state supreme court to overturn obstruction of justice conviction
- FBI searching for ‘Too Tall Bandit’ accused of robbing at least 16 banks in SC, NC, TN since 2009
- Lawsuit: Student sickened by mold at St. James Elementary School
- Second stimulus check update: Group pushes $908B plan to break virus relief impasse
- Barr: No evidence of widespread voter fraud