WASHINGTON (WFLA) – The Washington football team will reportedly reveal the team’s new name “over the next few days,” according to a report on ESPN radio.
According to NBC Sports, the report came from ESPN Radio’s Dallas-Forth Worth station by Yahoo’s senior NFL reporter Charles Robinson.
“Per Charles Robinson, a name change for the Washington football franchise is imminent,” Forth Worth Star-Telegram writer Clarence Hill Jr. tweeted.
“Teams have been told to scrub the old racist logo off of their platforms. Robinson says a new name could be revealed in the next few days.”
On Friday, a report indicated FedEx said in a private letter to the team it will remove its signage from the team’s stadium, now known as FedEx Field, if the name isn’t changed.
- MTV VMAS scraps indoor performances, moves to outdoor sets
- TikTok to file lawsuit against Trump Administration over order banning app in US
- UPS announces surcharge on bigger packages
- Charleston police scanners go silent from public listening
- Report: Panthers player considering retirement over COVID-19 concerns