Rain chances will be going down by the end of the week, and temperatures will go up.
The storm system that brought rain the past couple of days is pulling away from our area. This system may become a tropical system by the end of today, but it will do so as it moves away from our area, so will not have much of an impact on our area.
Scattered afternoon showers and storms will develop today. As the storm system moves farther away Friday, most of us will stay dry.
It will heat up with highs in the 80s to near 90 today, then low to mid 90s Friday.
The hot, humid weather will continue through the weekend and into next week.
High temperatures will be in the 90s this weekend with heat index values near 100. Saturday will have a better chance for late day thunderstorms, then, Sunday will most likely stay dry.
Today, partly sunny, warm and humid with scattered showers. Highs 90 inland, 86 beaches.
Tonight, partly cloudy, warm and muggy. Lows in the mid 70s.
Friday, mostly sunny, hot and humid with a slight chance for a thunderstorm. Highs in the low to mid 90s.
- Robeson County Commissioner dead at age 62
- Health officials are quitting or getting fired amid outbreak
- McMaster addresses concerns raised by state epidemiologist
- Back to school: Lawmakers debate safest options for students, teachers as schools prepare to reopen
- VP Pence tweets “America needs College Football”